What is 2016 likely to have in store for marketers? We’ve collected some of the industry’s main predictions for the year ahead:
- Advertisers will start to find new ways to take advantage of the two way flow of information between different connected screens and will be able to deliver even further tailored, customised ad experiences to their customers
- Connected TV platforms like these also provide the ability to measure results; an enticing feature for many brands, consequently encouraging further investment
- Programmatic spend is predicted to reach £2.5bn in 2016, suggesting advertisers are hoping to invest more in highly targeted platforms such as VoD, Adsmart and online display
- Converged forms of TV such as VoD and SkyAdsmart will continue to grow in popularity as brands take advantage of the potential to serve highly targeted ads to their desired audience(s)
- The convergence between TV and online is going to have a big impact in 2016
- Brands will have to think in real-time across different media platforms to cut through and engage with consumers; using more traditional platforms such as TV as well as social media in being reactive with consumer mood
- With the rise of ad-blocking on digital platforms, branded content will become more important than ever
- In 2016 we expect to see brands take much more of an editorial based approach, being coordinated, consistent and structured to deliver relevant and engaging messages to consumers on the web
- For the out of home sector, 2016 will be chapter with technology embedded in developments to further enhance the ability of out of home to solve brands problems
- The continued investment across the out of home medium in new high quality sites, screens and systems will move on a pace with 2016 being the year that national, multi format and digital campaigns will be truly possible.
- However, technology runs much deeper than just digital out of home, for example fusing Route with mobile network data will allow classic formats to be planned in even more sophisticated ways by existing spenders and attract new brands to the medium.
- As we look into 2016 it is expected that out of home will see no decline in audience or increase in ad avoidance.
As we enter into the New Year, it will be important to look ahead and identify the best channels for achieving your business objectives for the year. The team at The Media Angel have insight into many more of the latest and upcoming trends for the year ahead. The team’s expertise in this field will help you stand out and be the first to leverage on new opportunities.
Make sure you plan your year ahead with the support of the award-winning media planning and buying team at The Media Angel. Call 02921 320 200 or email [email protected] for expert marketing advice.