This quarter RAJAR have released information that door to door audience surveys were not possible during Q2 2020 due to Covid-19.
RAJAR numbers are still based on the Q1 surveys, but run on a 12 month roll to provide a larger sample. They also include up to date census data. The figures below are based on this data.
- Heart- Heart remains the UK’s biggest commercial radio brand with 9.6 million people tuning in every week.
- Capital- Capital remains the UK’s no.1 hit music brand with 7.9 million weekly listeners.
- LBC- Leading Britain’s Conversation, LBC reaches 2.7 million listeners across the UK each week.
- Capital XTRA- Capital XTRA reaches a huge 1.9 million people across the UK every week.
- Smooth- Smooth is the UK’s third largest commercial radio brand with 5.7 million tuning in each week.
- Classic FM- Classic FM again cements its position as the UK’s most popular classical music station with 5.5 million weekly listeners.
- Radio X- Nationally, Radio X reaches 1.7 million listeners every week.
- Gold- Gold reaches an audience of more than 1.3 million listeners every week
- Ashley Tabor-King OBE, Founder & Executive President of Global, said: “I’m incredibly proud that Global brands continue to lead the commercial radio market with the top 4 UK commercial stations, Heart, Capital, Smooth and Classic FM.
Over the past 4 months, as the world has gone through incredibly challenging times, people’s daily habits have shifted and we have all made huge adaptations in our lives. However, radio has remained a constant source of information, entertainment, company and comfort.
If you need help with a radio campaign, please contact one of our team here: [email protected]
Source: Global Media & Entertainment Limited