Though January has not quite proved to be what we had all hoped as we enter 2021 in a third lockdown, OOH advertising is proving more resilient than in the first lockdown, which is great news for some advertisers.
Mobility is up on March 2021 meaning there are more people out and about despite restrictions and as a result OOH media is experiencing some positive numbers helping reassure and build advertisers confidence.
- Audience all environment retention is at 43% (YoY)(JC Decaux)
- All audience level: +19%pts higher than vs March
- Roadside audience levels: 58%
- Roadside audience levels w/c 3rd Jan vs 3rd Jan 2020 (YoY): 75%
- Supermarkets engage a strong audience of 77% (YoY) (JC Decaux)
With the current restrictions in place across the country, we explore how audiences are feeling and behaving right now.
Our findings show that the mood of the nation remains positive despite changing circumstances. People will still need to be outside for work, exercise, and essential shopping, whilst adhering to the latest guidelines. In addition, they welcome advertising and are still planning to spend money during this period.
If you need help incorporating outdoor into your marketing campaigns, contact our friendly team – [email protected]
Source: Clear Channel and Toluna consumer survey of 1,000 UK residents January 2021