Global leads the UK commercial radio market with 25 million weekly listeners
This quarter RAJAR have released information that door to door audience surveys were not possible during Q2 2020 due to Covid-19.
RAJAR numbers are still based on the Q1 surveys, but run on a 12 month roll to provide a larger sample. They also include up to date census data. The figures below are based on this data.
- Heart- Heart remains the UK’s biggest commercial radio brand with 9.6 million people tuning in every week.
- Capital- Capital remains the UK’s no.1 hit music brand with 7.9 million weekly listeners.
- LBC- Leading Britain’s Conversation, LBC reaches 2.7 million listeners across the UK each week.
- Capital XTRA- Capital XTRA reaches a huge 1.9 million people across the UK every week.
- Smooth- Smooth is the UK’s third largest commercial radio brand with 5.7 million tuning in each week.
- Classic FM- Classic FM again cements its position as the UK’s most popular classical music station with 5.5 million weekly listeners.
- Radio X- Nationally, Radio X reaches 1.7 million listeners every week.
- Gold- Gold reaches an audience of more than 1.3 million listeners every week
- Ashley Tabor-King OBE, Founder & Executive President of Global, said: “I’m incredibly proud that Global brands continue to lead the commercial radio market with the top 4 UK commercial stations, Heart, Capital, Smooth and Classic FM.
Over the past 4 months, as the world has gone through incredibly challenging times, people’s daily habits have shifted and we have all made huge adaptations in our lives. However, radio has remained a constant source of information, entertainment, company and comfort.
If you need help with a radio campaign, please contact one of our team here: [email protected].
Source: Global Media & Entertainment Limited