Out-of-home audiences at 73% of pre-COVID levels.
Great news for out-of-home! With children returning to school. and many people returning to the workplace, roadside audience figures are increasing! Audience numbers are now at 73% of pre-COVID levels.
Furthermore, according to National Statistics, 53% of workers travelled to their workplace at least once during the week to March 14 – this is 48% up from the week before. As the end of March approaches and more restrictions are being lifted, we can expect audience mobility to continue to grow.
Here are some key stats:
- Clear Channel’s roadside audience levels at 73%.
- Audience levels within residential areas have increased by +9 percentage point to 81%. (Source: Clear Channel Radar (w/e 13th March)
- Audience levels in proximity to Asda and Sainsbury’s (83%) and parks (77%) have increased by +10 and +7 percentage points respectively. (Source: Kinetic Viewpoint (24th February).
- Alfresco Life survey shows that leaving home to grocery shop (83%) or exercise (82%) are the most popular activities. (Source: Google Mobility Data 16th March 2021 (7 Day Average)).
- Mobility to parks is currently at +23% above the baseline. (Source: Talon ADA (w/e 7th March)).
- London roadside traffic is now at 93% vs the baseline average following a 1% growth WoW.
- Visits to supermarkets witness 1% growth WoW, currently at 96% vs average.
Predicted Impacts and reach figures for 2021
This is excellent news for our clients who have missed out of home advertising over the last year. The above figures are really promising and only set to increase as restrictions relax. If you would like us to look at an outdoor campaign for your business our friendly team would be more than happy to help. Please contact us here- [email protected].