Radio ad spend grew by 7.8% in 2014…
Research conducted by RadioWorks has delivered some exciting predictions for radio advertising in 2015. Where radio saw a healthy 7.8% growth in ad-spend last year, a rise of 5.7% is predicted for 2015.
These strong increases in spend are explained by digital audio service’s rising popularity among audiences, with reach figures last year escalating twofold in the space of just 18 months! 12 million unique listeners were reached by audio services in the spring of 2014, and this is expected to rise to 20 million at the start of 2015.
According to reports conducted RAB, brands using radio get their money back nearly eight times over on average!
Such data proves that advertisers are recognising the potential of radio’s significant scale and influence; allocating larger chunks of their marketing budgets to the medium and enjoying maximised returns. With one of the lowest levels of advertising avoidance, radio allows marketers to reach out to millions of new customers as well as current, existing consumers with essential messages at key activity moments across the day. Radio ads are so frequent and high in reach that a brand can create a disproportionately large share of mind for itself.
The time is now to realise the potential in radio advertising investments; January is the perfect time to connect with open-minded, fresh thinking listeners.
Contact The Media Angel today and get started on your plans to make the New Year your most successful yet.
Marketers, have yourself a very merry stress-free Christmas & New Year!
A joyous time for families, the utmost important month in the retailer’s calendar, that mad panic for last minute shopping, all of which is just under 55 days time! Are you ready marketers?
The festive period can often be a stressful time for consumers, and even a more manic time for those of you are marketers. Your marketing team have the pleasurable task of looking ahead at your marketing budgets for 2015. There may still be time to secure a digital campaign before the tree goes up, but the clock is ticking!
Fear not, The Media Angel can help save you time and money and ease you into the New Year with a helping hand, starting with these top tips:
- Get the most out of winter bargains– TV airtime in December and January is an ideal time to advertise and be seen. Just like your furniture and clothing sales, advertising costs are reduced. And TV advertising needn’t be expensive with a target audience in mind.
- Be more dog digital – Treat this as your New Year’s resolution. Online advertising has doubled in the last year or so. New and recent platforms, such as ITV Player and social media can offer great packages, little wastage and provide measurable results to better your future campaigns, in a visually stimulating way, this will help your interaction with your customers. Also, make sure you adapt for mobile and tablet devices. Invest in a fast and beautiful website, after all it’s your digital home, your shop window reinvented in the palm of your hands. Let us help you take good care of it.
- Plan while you can– Treat your campaign like your upcoming summer holiday. Preparation is key! Media planning ensures your message is in the right place, at the right time. Whether TV, radio, outdoor or print, the best ad space can book up far in advance. Let us help you get ahead of the game and get in touch for media planning expertise and advice on making the best use of your media budget.
- Consistency– Show consistency by developing your brand for all media platforms, whether seeing or hearing your message, so people know who you are and what you’re offering.
- Be different – If you really want to stand out and get noticed, and create impact then try something different. Some of the best campaigns this year have attracted attention for their individual and simplistic, yet clever concepts- Billboards made of cake, live TV advertisements, and surprisingly good taste in soundtrack, e.g. M&S advert)
Get in touch with The Media Angel to see how we can help you wrap up marketing campaign with a perfect mix for 2015 (without the stress).
Front row seats at the CIM Canmol Marketing Awards 2014
The Chartered Institute of Marketing’s ‘Canmol’ awards took place last Friday at Cardiff Bay’s St David’s Hotel; announcing 8 companies’ marketing campaigns as well deserved winners of the prestigious awards. The Media Angel attended and presented our full support for the event finalists and winners through sponsorship of the reception welcome.
The successful marketing teams of this year’s ceremony were chosen from an array of Welsh organisations across all sectors; from big renowned Welsh brands to those smaller SME’s and local businesses. Each category winner thoroughly deserved this recognition and celebration of their hard work, creativity and innovative marketing strategies which produced fantastic business results!
Some of this year’s fabulous category winners included Cardiff’s leading provider of commercial legal services Capital Law, Welsh pastry manufacturers Peter’s Food, Swansea Council’s Visit Swansea Bay, Llantrisant based manufacturer of thermal desorption products Markes International, and S4C! The inspirational new marketer award was presented to Irene Hammond, designer of the ‘Show me Where’ communication application; an exciting new pain communication tool for children with autism and speech disabilities.
Once again, the benchmark for Welsh marketing excellence has been set by CIM’s choice of winners. The standards remain extremely high for Welsh marketing, and it is clear that Welsh businesses should be immensely proud of their achievements in such a quality, competitive industry.
The Media Angel had a fantastic night at the awards and would like to congratulate each and every one of the finalists for their outstanding achievements in marketing. We are already excited for what next year’s events have to bring!