Tips and Stats from Facebook’s Boost your Business Cardiff Event
We went along to the Facebook’s Boost your Business Summer Tour at the National Museum of Wales in Cardiff. If you couldn’t make it, here are some of our essential stats and top tips.
We listened to talks from the panel which included Facebook’s Olly Sewell, Manager of the SMB Partner Management in EMEA, Jules White from The Last Hurdle, Justin Schwartz from the social media agency behind Rachel Organics. Did you know…
- 25m people use Facebook on mobile in the UK every day.
- People visit Facebook on average 14 times per day via mobile.
- Facebook attracts 4bn video views every day.
- At least 50% of users watch one video per day.
- The future is sight, sound and motion.
- Instagram marketing solutions will launch from this September.
10 top tips when using Facebook advertising:
- Use the power of short videos to captivate your audience.
- With all your messaging, think about what your customers want to hear and see more so than what you want them.
- Set your objectives to gain meaningful results, such as website clicks, video views, events, and increase in sales. Focus on gaining real numbers, it’s not always just about likes and shares.
- The best kind of content is ‘real’ content and that really works. Think as the end user.
- When advertising you need to balance relevance and quality of ads with your bidding strategy and budget.
- Schedule offers when your audience needs them.
- Consider seasonality, e.g. Valentine’s Day or Christmas. You need to think carefully about when other like-minded businesses will all be trying to advertise at the same time.
- Don’t under estimate the worth of your audience. It can cost more to reach the same popular audiences at the same time.
- Use custom audiences to reach all of the people who matter to you.
- Think yourself as a mobile business, as this is where you customers spend most of their time.
If you need help incorporating social media as part of your marketing campaigns, then please get in touch. We’re always on hand to take care of your marketing. Email: [email protected] or call: 02921 320 200.