New clients this Spring
It has been an exciting and busy few weeks here at The Media Angel and we are absolutely thrilled to announce that we now have several new clients on board – Air Malta, Plaid Cymru and The British Science Association.
Air Malta was keen to promote their weekly direct flights from Cardiff to Malta including the free 20kg of hold baggage. With our existing experience working with Cardiff Airport and the airline sector combined, we are confident that our recommended media mix will deliver great results.
Plaid Cymru wanted to raise awareness of their Election Campaign and decided to run with some excellent out of home advertising in a prime Cardiff City Centre location. Here we maximised the flexibility of the out of home digital format by running several different messages across the duration of the campaign to raise awareness on specific days.
The British Science Association would like to tell everyone about the British Science Festival 2016. Hosted by Swansea University, the festival will take place between 6th and 11th September and will feature a diverse programme of talks, debates, performances and activities. We are helping them with a mix of Radio, experiential and out of home advertising.
We love to select the best solutions for all kinds of marketing briefs, so make sure you get in touch with us. We’ll help you over deliver on your objectives and together achieve fantastic results.
The best of our 2015
We had the best time in 2015. It certainly was a fantastic year for us at The Media Angel.
The last 12 months were filled with so many highs it has been difficult to pick our favourites, however we have managed to select some of our best moments:
- At the very top of the list has to be our win at CIM Canmol Marketing Excellence Awards 2015. As the only media planning and buying agency to win across Wales at this event, we were extremely proud of our reward for helping client Ty Hafan achieve returns of over 300%. Our efforts in helping Ty Hafan obtain these returns on a limited budget were described as “simply brilliant” by the judging panel.
- We were delighted to help Cardiff Airport successfully launch Flybe, their newest airline to the south Wales market. We implemented a large campaign for Flybe securing sponsorship of the weather on all major South Wales radio stations. We also ensured Flybe’s message could be seen at many high footfall areas in South Wales including Swansea, Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport and Pontypridd train stations and St David’s 2 Cardiff among many others! Flybe is Europe’s largest regional airline, promoting 14-routes from Cardiff, including three brand new routes to Cork, Munich and Milan. With our assistance, passenger growth at Cardiff Airport has increased by 13% compared with 2014.
- Similarly, our campaign for Vueling which involved sponsorship of ITV Wales Cymru weather and Vueling Cardiff Bay Beach contributed to the success of the airline at Cardiff Airport. Such success has resulted in confirmed extra capacity for summer 2016. Following the best summer in four years for the Spanish airline at Cardiff Airport, Vueling has already announced extra flights on all four routes to Barcelona, Malaga, Alicante and Palma Majorca in 2016 offering, 31% increase in seat capacity between April and October for the summer ahead.
- We were also very happy to see our client Swansea University win a CIM Canmol award for a 2nd time with their Undergraduate recruitment campaign, Making Waves. We were delighted to be a part of organising this fully-integrated marketing campaign; seeing their new TV advert amongst programmes such as Made in Chelsea and The Only Way is Essex were particular highlights for the team. We were also lucky enough to see the advert first-hand at London’s O2 Arena before One Direction came to the stage.
- We’ve loved helping Swansea University promote their beautiful new state of the art, multi million pound Bay campus this year with some bespoke targeted campaigns to ensure the campus stands out.
- This year was a particularly successful one for us on the tender front! We managed to secure contacts on a number of competitive tender pitches against several local agencies, winning the opportunity to work with Swansea Council and the Swansea City Tourism team on their ‘Swansea Bay Moments’ campaign (an exciting campaign extending into some of the UK’s biggest cities). We also won the opportunity to work with the South Wales Fire & Rescue Service on their summer drowning prevention campaign. We were delighted to welcome some brand new clients to our portfolio including Festival Park and ACT Training. We’ve made some lovely friendships with many fantastic organisations.
- We were involved in some inspiring human rights campaigns including The Children’s Commissioner for Wales ‘Beth Nesa’ project. We were asked to help the Commissioner launch the biggest survey on Children’s Rights in Wales to adults across the country after a successful campaign with them in 2014. The campaign created a fantastic response with large numbers, higher than expected, participating in such an important cause.
- We have also been helping to promote some very important health messages to the people of North Wales. Gwynedd Council approached us for some assistance in encouraging people; particularly youths aged 16 – 24, to quit smoking. To tackle this brief we made sure we made use of some highly targeted digital platforms around No Smoking day, ensuring the message appeared to the relevant audience at an especially relevant time.
- We’ve enjoyed helping to raise awareness of some great new skills organisations such as Welsh for Adults and ACT Training. Look out for their campaigns on learning Welsh and apprenticeships scheme across Cardiff, Bridgend and the Valley this January. Similarly, we continued to promote Coleg Y Cymoedd’s advice days throughout the year after carrying out student research to ensure the advertising was appearing in exactly the right places.
- Helping to launch GoAir, Wales’s largest trampoline super park has definitely been another very exciting project! We are so proud to say we were heavily involved in this launch implementing an exciting radio promotion alongside a successful VoD, digital and print campaign. Thanks to the success of this launch several more super park sites have been announced to open this year across the UK which we are busy working on.
- Every year we thoroughly enjoy working with client Spacefitting furniture, and 2015 was definitely no exception! As well as continuing to ensure Spacefitting receive coverage in targeted magazines around interior features, we assisted in the promotion of their bespoke event, where they were keen to flaunt their stunning new showroom displays, expertly designed by husband and wife team Steve and Claire Bloom.
- The National Trust also returned to us this year for assistance in promoting their brand and beautiful portfolio of properties across Wales during the busy Christmas period.
- We had great fun last year sponsoring the drinks receptions at some of the industry’s highest profile events including the CIM Canmol Awards and the Cardiff Life Awards.
- There were a number of new advertising opportunities arriving in Cardiff in 2015, and we chose to lead by example and advertise with some of these brand new formats. We were one of the first brands in Wales to run our own advertising campaign on the new quality HD digital screen on Newport Road; one of the very first brands to take advantage of this high impact new format.
- We also secured ourselves some targeted adverts in some high profile, relevant publications across Wales These publications included the Western Mail top 300 businesses in Wales supplement and the Business Insider’s Top 100 Welsh brands.
- Ending on a particular high at the end of the year was the news that our contribution helped Cardiff Airport enjoy a brilliant 12 months. They recorded October as their fastest month for growth in 2015 with an increase of 62% compared to the same month last year. There was also 21% passenger growth in September, 32% in November and 52% in December.
- Finally, we ended the year doing something incredibly rewarding for us. Our team took part in Ty Hafan’s Christmas Pantomime ‘Peter Pan’. Making the children at Ty Hafan giggle and smile was the perfect end to an amazing year.
We are really keen to say a HUGE thank you to each and every one of our clients for your continued encouragement and support throughout the year! We’re looking forward to continuing this work with you in 2016 and fulfilling your campaign objectives to make this year even better than the last!
So what’s next for 2016?
We expect 2016 to be just as exciting. We have just this week been announced as finalists in both the Creative and Professional Services categories at the Cardiff Regional Awards 2016, up alongside some prestigious Welsh brands. Thank you so much to everyone who voted to get us up there!
We also have lots of different projects on the horizon and will be getting involved at numerous different awards events throughout the year; Alison is particularly looking forward to being a part of the judging panel at the Cardiff Life Awards this March. We are also looking to expand our team with some new recruits; enhancing our offering existing and new clients with some additional skills! We love to select the best solutions for all kinds of marketing briefs, so make sure you get in touch with us. We’ll help you over deliver on your objectives and together achieve fantastic results.
Flybe launch 11 new routes from Cardiff Airport
At The Media Angel this month, we are super excited to be involved in the launch of Flybe from Cardiff Airport.
Flybe have chosen Cardiff Airport as their new base, bringing to Wales 11 new routes to several European destinations this summer. Cardiff is set to connect with some of Europe’s most beautiful cities; including Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, Faro, Glasgow, Munich, Milan and Paris from as little as £24.99 one way.
This is great news for Welsh residents and holidaymakers alike, who will see over half a million extra seats available from Cardiff, along with the creation of over 50 new jobs.
Lord Rowe-Beddoe, Chairman at Cardiff Airport, commented on the move, saying:
“Our customers want greater choice in routes, more frequent services and better value flights. This new Flybe base is most welcome news for our passengers as it will bring new destinations and increased services from a popular great-value airline, as well as creating opportunities to encourage more visitors to come to Wales.”
Cardiff Airport is currently working with The Media Angel to launch the new Flybe routes to the people of South Wales. From 16th March an exciting, multichannel integrated launch campaign will begin to push these great value fares, and spread the word about the ever improving connectivity of Wales to the world.
Get in touch with The Media Angel for more information about multichannel advertising campaigns, and the huge potential of some fantastic marketing opportunities. Call 02921 320 300 or email [email protected]
The Media Angel launch new Thomas Cook campaign
The Media Angel is delighted to launch a new marketing campaign for popular airline Thomas Cook. Fresh for the upcoming summer months, the campaign will be promoting direct flights from Cardiff Airport to several fantastic holiday destinations.
The two-week promotion includes a media mix of radio airtime, outdoor formats, with 6 sheets and bus advertisements, as part of a national multi channel campaign, promoting Thomas Cook’s ‘Real Good Times’ message.
Alison Debono, MD of The Media Angel said:
“This is such a lovely feel-good campaign for us to work on – everyone loves a holiday. The beautiful, bright and colourful artwork will appear on high presence formats across south and west Wales and an energetic radio campaign will showcase the several fantastic destinations to fly direct from Cardiff Airport. There should be ‘no stopping’ people booking their summer holidays this year! We can’t wait to see the results.”
Thomas Cook operates regular direct flights from Cardiff to some of the world’s most popular tourist destinations: Menorca, Tenerife, Zante, Rhodes, Reus, Larnaca, Ibiza, Dalaman, Lanzarote, Palma, Tunisia and Antalya. Book now!
Looking to launch a multi channel integrated campaign? Get in touch with The Media Angel to secure high impact advertising space across your chosen area .
Cardiff Airport & Vueling sponsors ITV Wales Weather for a second year
Cardiff Airport and Vueling Airlines are delighted to be sponsoring ITV Cymru Wales Weather for the second year running.
ITV Sponsorships remain a hot property in the advertising market with around 90% of adults in the Wales region regularly watching ITV. The scale and reach of such a promotion is difficult to rival and offers both Cardiff Airport and Vueling Airlines a truly unique platform for engaging with Welsh viewers.
Alison Debono, Managing Director of The Media Angel stated:
“I am delighted that Cardiff Airport and Vueling Airlines are continuing their sponsorship of ITV Cymru Wales Weather. Both clients were extremely impressed with the success of their sponsorship last year, seeing a spike in sales instantly and were therefore understandably eager to keep hold of this sought after, high profile media platform”.
“Cardiff Airport and Vueling Airlines were our very first clients to secure a key sponsorship on ITV, and the fact that the client has found the platform so valuable to their marketing makes us as a team feel extremely proud”.
On the back of customer feedback and increased sales, Spanish airline Vueling put flights to Alicante, Malaga, Palma Majorca and Barcelona on sale earlier to catch eager Welsh travellers. They have decided to continue this opportunity for a second year with prices from as little as £24.99 one way!
The ITV sponsorships team have also expressed their delight with Cardiff Airport and Vueling Airlines’ sponsorship, and believe ITV Cymru Wales Weather’s trusted and informative service will again prove extremely beneficial to the overall success of the campaign.
Contact The Media Angel for more information on how to incorporate TV advertising or sponsorship opportunities into your marketing plans! Give one of our team a call on 02921 320 200 or email [email protected]
Cardiff Airport & CityJet first travel companies to try Sky AdSmart in Wales
Sky AdSmart allows advertisers to tailor TV advertising to their specific target audience and areas of the UK.
This clever technology allows companies to advertise on the likes of Sky 1, Sky Living and Sky Movies, with very little wastage and at an affordable price.
Through us at The Media Angel, Cardiff Airport has been able to utilise this advertising concept to help promote their newest airline, CityJet to its target audience.
CityJet flights are direct to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Paris and Jersey from just little as £99 return.
Alison Debono, Director of The Media Angel said:
“We are very excited for the future of TV advertising and Sky AdSmart, and for local companies who want to advertise on TV. Having worked in TV advertising and having heard all the objections as to why clients can’t consider it. Sky AdSmart are knocking down those barriers and making it an easy and natural advertising platform to try.”
Sky AdSmart now means businesses can speak directly to their target audience in a cost effective and efficient way, even having different adverts to talk to different customers or to push different brands. Businesses in Wales can now keep up with larger national companies, where previously advertising on TV has been seen as costly and having huge wastage.
Jamie West, Director of Sky AdSmart and Commercial Development at Sky Media said:
“We are delighted to see The Media Angel using Sky AdSmart to such great effect for Cardiff Airport and CityJet. By advertising more selectively on TV than was previously possible, their campaign deserves to be a runway success.”
If you’d like to see how you can get your brand on Sky AdSmart and cherry-pick the people you speak to, then get in touch with The Media Angel and we can show you how we can help you make the smart choice when it comes to your marketing.
Media Angel client first on new bus advertising formats!
We are thrilled to have helped our clients advertise on new platforms that are completely new to Cardiff – T-Sides and the Bendy Buses…
As an innovative advertising agency we are always looking for new, exciting marketing platforms for our clients, in order for them to stand out, create an impact and ultimately increase the effectiveness of their campaign. The new platforms have already caused a buzz on social media.