Something new from SKY TV- SKY Regional
Sky has developed new technology to allow advertisers to run regionally targeted TV campaigns. Previously this capability has been used to target niche audiences.
They are trialling a solely regional functionality from September to December 2016.
• Sky Media SOV in the ITV1 regions ranges from 35-40%*
• Sky Media has a younger and higher ABC1 audience than ITV1
• Target all UK regions excluding London, Central, Meridian, Anglia
• Can expand the coverage & effectiveness of regional campaigns
• Data analytics option for advertisers prepared to share results
• Identify your ITV1 region(s)
• Send your advert to the Sky+ HD boxes in your chosen region(s)**
• Ads served in any linear or time-shifted break across 86 channels***
• Viewers need to see at least 75% of an advert for it to count as an impression
• Only pay for the number of impressions delivered
• Impression reports supplied through the campaign period
So if you advertise on TV and put 25% of your total spend on Sky regional (Sky’s SOV) then the coverage should increase by over 12% from 42% to 47.3%
This is a great new, cost-effective way of reaching a large audience in your target area at a more affordable price than SkyAdSmart.
If you are interested in advertising your brand on TV, call one of our team today on 02921 320 200.
Cardiff Airport & CityJet first travel companies to try Sky AdSmart in Wales
Sky AdSmart allows advertisers to tailor TV advertising to their specific target audience and areas of the UK.
This clever technology allows companies to advertise on the likes of Sky 1, Sky Living and Sky Movies, with very little wastage and at an affordable price.
Through us at The Media Angel, Cardiff Airport has been able to utilise this advertising concept to help promote their newest airline, CityJet to its target audience.
CityJet flights are direct to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Paris and Jersey from just little as £99 return.
Alison Debono, Director of The Media Angel said:
“We are very excited for the future of TV advertising and Sky AdSmart, and for local companies who want to advertise on TV. Having worked in TV advertising and having heard all the objections as to why clients can’t consider it. Sky AdSmart are knocking down those barriers and making it an easy and natural advertising platform to try.”
Sky AdSmart now means businesses can speak directly to their target audience in a cost effective and efficient way, even having different adverts to talk to different customers or to push different brands. Businesses in Wales can now keep up with larger national companies, where previously advertising on TV has been seen as costly and having huge wastage.
Jamie West, Director of Sky AdSmart and Commercial Development at Sky Media said:
“We are delighted to see The Media Angel using Sky AdSmart to such great effect for Cardiff Airport and CityJet. By advertising more selectively on TV than was previously possible, their campaign deserves to be a runway success.”
If you’d like to see how you can get your brand on Sky AdSmart and cherry-pick the people you speak to, then get in touch with The Media Angel and we can show you how we can help you make the smart choice when it comes to your marketing.