Help your business STAND OUT from the crowd
Everyday it is estimated that we are exposed to nearly 400 marketing messages, of which only 150 are actually noticed and a lot less are recalled or make enough impact to prompt action. So how can you ensure you make yourself easily found?
1. Have a marketing strategy and review it.
Have a clear idea of what you want to achieve and a focused strategy to help drive your business forward. Is retaining and winning new customers key or is increasing sales your goal? Don’t forget to review and tweak that strategy.
2. Know your customer.
Who are they? Where are they? How can you target them?
Knowing your customer helps target them at the right place at the right time and at the right cots; ultimately leading to a return in investment.
3. Know your competitors.
What are your competitor’s strengths and weaknesses? How and where are they advertising? what can you do differently?
Be clear of your unique selling point(s); make these part of your marketing strategy. Why should somebody choose you over your competitors? Let people know why you are the best company to come to.
5. Be consistent.
Be consistent with your messages, reiteration is key. You want your clients to recognise you instantly. Less is more.
What do you want your clients to do? Buy a ticket or product? Log on to your website? Find out more information? Call you? Tell them what to do and how to do it. Make it easy to be found.
No business can afford to ignore social media; it’s good for developing a two way conversation between yourself and your customer. Having social portals and an up to date website helps build credibility, brand and SEO too.
8.Take a risk.
Don’t be afraid to try something different. Think outside the box. Don’t assume advertising is too expensive, TV and Radio can be targeted and cost effective if used well.
Don’t buy an advert just because it’s cheap. If your target audience does not consume that media it’s a waste of money.
Look at the new platforms where you can be really targeted; Video on Demand for example. You can target by area, age, demographic etc.
Contact our award winning team to ensure your marketing plans are crafted to perfection and deliver results.
Tips and Stats from Facebook’s Boost your Business Cardiff Event
We went along to the Facebook’s Boost your Business Summer Tour at the National Museum of Wales in Cardiff. If you couldn’t make it, here are some of our essential stats and top tips.
We listened to talks from the panel which included Facebook’s Olly Sewell, Manager of the SMB Partner Management in EMEA, Jules White from The Last Hurdle, Justin Schwartz from the social media agency behind Rachel Organics. Did you know…
- 25m people use Facebook on mobile in the UK every day.
- People visit Facebook on average 14 times per day via mobile.
- Facebook attracts 4bn video views every day.
- At least 50% of users watch one video per day.
- The future is sight, sound and motion.
- Instagram marketing solutions will launch from this September.
10 top tips when using Facebook advertising:
- Use the power of short videos to captivate your audience.
- With all your messaging, think about what your customers want to hear and see more so than what you want them.
- Set your objectives to gain meaningful results, such as website clicks, video views, events, and increase in sales. Focus on gaining real numbers, it’s not always just about likes and shares.
- The best kind of content is ‘real’ content and that really works. Think as the end user.
- When advertising you need to balance relevance and quality of ads with your bidding strategy and budget.
- Schedule offers when your audience needs them.
- Consider seasonality, e.g. Valentine’s Day or Christmas. You need to think carefully about when other like-minded businesses will all be trying to advertise at the same time.
- Don’t under estimate the worth of your audience. It can cost more to reach the same popular audiences at the same time.
- Use custom audiences to reach all of the people who matter to you.
- Think yourself as a mobile business, as this is where you customers spend most of their time.
If you need help incorporating social media as part of your marketing campaigns, then please get in touch. We’re always on hand to take care of your marketing. Email: [email protected] or call: 02921 320 200.