Want to Advertise in Wales?
TV | Video on Demand | Radio | Outdoor | Digital | Cinema | Press
The Media Angel are an award-winning advertising agency based in Penarth, Wales.
With over 70 years’ of combined experience in marketing, our team is on hand to get your Welsh advertising campaign started!
Television advertising is an exciting, engaging and unique opportunity to bring your brand to life and connect with audiences on a highly emotional level. Without a doubt, it’s one of the most effective and powerful mediums available to your business.
Despite rumours that television advertising can be very expensive, the costs of TV campaigns vary depending on a range of factors, including months of the year. Sky AdSmart enables us to access more affordable options available for broadcasting your campaign in Wales and beyond.
- On average, people in Wales spent 2 hours 45 minutes per day watching broadcast TV, the second most of any nation in the UK (Ofcom, 2023).
- The most-watched TV program in Wales in 2022 was Six Nation Rugby: Wales vs. France (Ofcom, 2023).
- On average, ITV reaches 80% of adults per month in Wales (ITV, 2023).
- I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here has become one of Wales’s most popular programs – reaching up to 615K adults in one episode alone (ITV, 2023).
- S4C offers a potential yearly audience of almost 2.5 million people in over 1.3 million homes (S4C, 2023).
The Media Angel can help you advertise on any TV channel you want; whether you want to reach mass audiences on channels such as ITV Wales, or target audiences more specifically using channels such as Sky Sports, Dave, E4, or S4C.
Using Sky AdSmart, we are also able to target highly specific levels such as audience demographic profiles (age, gender affluence, regional location including first two letters of a postcode, etc.)
Radio promises advertisers significant scale and influence when broadcasting key messages. With one of the lowest levels of advertising avoidance, radio allows marketers to reach out to thousands of new customers as well as existing consumers with essential messages at key activity moments across the day.
Radio is seen as a cost-effective frequency medium that is great for generating high-reach figures and valuable for building a brand reputation.
- Radio is a highly effective form of advertising, reaching 88% of the adult population weekly, equivalent to 4 million people.
- The average listener tunes into 5 hours of live radio each week, and a record 39.2 million people are tuning into commercial radio every week, up by 1.3% on the quarter and 8% on the year.
North Wales appeared to have the most success in Q2 2023 RAJAR update:
- Capital North Wales’ reach increased from 100,000 to 121,000, up a staggering 21%.
- Heart North Wales’s reach has also increased from 89,000 up by 14%, total listener hours are up by a staggering 40% from 606,000 to 846,000, whilst the share of listening is up from 2.9% to 4.1%.
- Heart South Wales in Q2 has the highest number of active listeners with 403,000, with a 21% reach.
Video on Demand Advertising
Video on demand is a hugely popular way of consuming television. Whether on a desktop, smartphone, tablet or console, the UK Adult population are motivated to watch TV online, due to the large collections of content and the ability to watch multiple episodes in one sitting, or even on the move! (GFK, 2014).
VOD ads on ITV Player and All 4 (4oD) are the most cost-effective way to advertise on TV during popular programmes, and can be used to target niche or widely by genre, region and demographic profiling. As ads can’t be fast forwarded, for advertisers there is minimal wastage in ads not being seen in front of a mass audience.
- People in Wales are estimated to spend 15% of their total video viewing time on video-on-demand services, as well as 15% on video-sharing websites/apps (Ofcom, 2023)
- The average viewing duration for these services is 4 hours and 43 minutes (Ofcom, 2023)
- 63% of all Welsh households are currently subscribed to at least one VOD service (Ofcom, 2023)
Digital advertising has become an essential element of marketing campaigns.
The flexibility of online advertising, enables us to utilize a mixture of advert formats to suit your brand, product, or event, such as homepage takeovers giving you 100% share of voice, display ads (MPUs, banners, skyscrapers), rich media formats (video), as well as mobile ads – marketing growing at a phenomenal rate.
- More than 9 in 10 (92%) homes in Wales had an internet connection in the first half of 2023 (Ofcom, 2023).
- An average person in the UK is estimated to spend 145 minutes every day on social media platforms (Workup, 2022), with Facebook remaining the most-used social media platform with 44.8 million active users nationally (Thesocialsheppard, 2023).
- Instagram came in second with 35 million active users at the end of Q2, while YouTube was third with an estimated 16.3 million users in the UK (Statista, 2023).
Outdoor advertising is an impactful way to stand out and get noticed. Outdoor formats are effective and powerful way of delivering advertising messages to engage audiences as they go about their daily lives.
Billboard 6, 48 and 96 sheets provides continuous advertising presence in selected areas and is exposed 24 hours a day to the public. Whether roadside or city centre billboards or 6 sheets, in airports, bus stops or rail stations (footfalls of up to 53 million a year), on taxis or public transport or on major UK road networks, advertising outdoors has never been a better way to get noticed and amplify your consumer message, targeting multiple audiences.
- On average 71% of the UK population acknowledges an advert at the roadside (75 Media, 2023).
- OOH and DOOH drive online engagement as well as purchase intention or service use, almost 26% of surveyed customers have visited a website in response to an OOH advert, and a 38% increase in mobile engagements (75 media, 2023).
The Top 3 performing OOH/ DOOH sites in Wales are:
- ‘M4 Super 6’ located in Newport with 574,923 weekly impacts.
- Swansea Bus Station Large Digital Format with 498,000 weekly impacts.
- Static 6 sheet located on Newport Road, Cardiff with 259,346 weekly impacts.
The transport network provides many valuable prospects for gaining outdoor exposure for your business.
Bus, rail, taxi, airport and underground advertising are all highly visible formats, reaching large numbers of people in many busy locations.
Using the latest data-tools, we can find the best transport for your demographic, and the locations which will target them best.
Whichever transport advertising platform you choose, we can create a campaign to suit your budget.
- Across South Wales, 300,000 passengers have been recorded to have used bus transport to commute every week, and around 100 million bus journeys are made each year (TFW, 2023).
- There were 5.4m passenger journeys made on TFW trains in Q1 of 2023, down 67% compared to pre-pandemic levels (Wales Online, 2023).
- Reportedly bus advertising is the most-seen outdoor advertising medium, reaching over 48 million adults over a two-week period (Route, 2023)
- On average 71% of regular rail users have noticed an OOH ad in their respective station in the past week (Clearchannel, 2023)